Friday, July 15, 2011

iScream

.

More of a traditional ice cream than Ici or Tara's, but a very similar place all the same with the metal tasting spoons and everything else biodegradable. One nice feature is that you can mix two flavors in a single scoop. I mixed chocolate (good) and peanut butter (probably the best peanut-butter ice cream I've ever had). Lady Steed mixed salted caramel and ginger. (At Ici earlier this week she had basil and candied meyer lemon; I had candied meyer lemon and cocoa nibs).

As a Great Thing, I like Ici and Tara's better, but I don't think iScream is really competing directly with them. They have more traditional flavors but sell like them (though the store itself not as ambientic) . . . . I guess they're like a cross between Fenton's and Ici.

Anyway, quite good, not overly expensive (but they do only take cash), and close to home. I imagine we will go again.

No comments: