Friday, August 16, 2013

Troy

.

 Solano's newest addition is Troy's third location. Can't speak to the other two spots, but Solano's is pretty great Greek food.

We ordered an appetizer platter (meza) with a mix of olives, eggplant much, falafel, pita, dolmas, hummus---look at the menu---and garlic fries to start. Good garlic fries. Not as good as Saturn's but way better than the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. And, note, it was a huuuge basket of fries. Don't order two.

For dinner, I ordered the Greek Burger Wrap. And I'm glad I did. It wasn't terribly large, but it was the size I wanted. I liked the mix of meat to vegetables. I did add a mix of ketchup and their garlic-jalapeno sauce to the meat as I ate, but it wasn't strictly necessary.

Lady Steed ordered the Gyros Platter. Like mine, her meat was beef and lamb ground together, but hers were panfried in strips---it wasn't obviously "ground" even though the spices were throughout and the texture was even. The tzatziki sauce was good---tasted almost like it was made from sour cream rather than yogurt because of its creaminess. The grilled vegetables were so good she didn't let me try them. The zucchini was particularly good with the eggplant close behind and the tomato taking up the rear.

We went around six on a Friday and it was quite busy. We didn't wait because we sat at the bar, but almost immediately after our arrival, they were giving out wait times.

We'll go back again.

No comments: